Aim with your heart

Aim with your heart

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Love Will Find You

If you've been reading my blog up to this far, or just now popping in, I've been talking about love and everything I know about the idea. I don't necessarily know much about how to deal with every specific relationship, but I do know I have been through a couple of weird relationships myself. However, throughout all of my relationships, I am glad to tell you that the only way that my current relationship is still healthy today is based off of learning from my past experiences.


I learned that you can't be afraid of love nor can you just jump at it from the slightest attention. Let me tell you about my first boyfriend. He was the first person to ever ask me out, so I just said yes. The relationship lasted nine months. Of course, we realized that we weren't meant for each other because when he said "I love you," not too long after being together, I couldn't reciprocate the same feelings.  The relationship just did not feel right. After that relationship, I knew I had to get the next one right, or at least be sure I wanted to be in a relationship.


Ever since my first relationship, I learned about relationships over the course of five years. Online dating shouldn't consume you. Dating someone without fully knowing them can have scary consequences. Being afraid to make a relationship work from going to different schools should not be a problem. Being the emotional type of person, I got attached to easily, fell too hard, and tried to fix everything even when the relationship was not getting anywhere.


Then the time came for my freshman year of college. Moving to a new city, I wanted to start anew and not worry about relationships. Luckily, love found me. At first, I was hesitant with giving my all to someone, getting to know someone, letting my barriers down, and falling for a guy I never expected to fall for. I was scared of love because I thought things would be just like my past relationships. Turns out, this guy was a complete gentleman and was exactly what I never thought I would find. Being so cautious made me afraid to love, but I eventually gave in because I aimed with my heart, not my mind. Now look where I am today. This weekend is our two year anniversary and I'm excited more than ever to have gotten this far with the best guy in the world. Maybe next time I'll tell you more about my relationship. Remember to always aim with your heart.



Pictures (from top to bottom):
http://emotionspn.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-am-afraid-of-love.html
http://www.thekevinmitchell4.com/blog/happy-valentines-day/jump-for-love/
http://www.searchquotes.com/quotation/I_have_a_habit_of_falling_too_hard_and_falling_too_fast,_and_getting_my_hopes_up_for_somethng_that_w/333201/


1 comment:

  1. Aimee, this was a great blog post! I’m glad you have found someone! Congrats on two years!! Some of the best way to learn is from the mistakes you have made in the past. I’m sorry none of your other relationships in the past didn’t work out, but I have heard love comes when you aren’t necessarily looking for it. I think it’s great that this relationship is going great and I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete